The following is a guide to obtaining an Academic User Licence to ONETEP from Cambridge Enterprise Ltd.
- Academic licence is only available to researchers with a permanent position or fixed-term Fellowship at an academic institution.
- Academic licence is free of charge for researchers at UK-based higher-education institutions and UK national laboratories, as well as academic institutions worldwide (until 30th June 2023 in the first instance).
- Academic licence allows the licence holder and members of their research group at the given institution to use ONETEP for research purposes only.
- Academic licence imposes restrictions on who may use the software, the purpose of use, the licensing of any code developments and will terminate when the licence holder leaves their institution. Therefore, it is important that the licence agreement is fully read and understood before completion.
A licence for the use of ONETEP that does not fulfil the above requirements may be purchased from BIOVIA.
- Blank copies of the user licence agreement are available to download. These should be filled in electronically and emailed (unsigned at this stage) to Cambridge Enterprise, who will then issue a request via DocuSign to supply a signature in order to execute the agreement.
- Alternatively, you can complete the licence on paper, in which case two copies of this licence must be printed out, completed in full and signed by the user. One copy of the Contact Details sheet should also be completed. The Contact Details sheet and both copies of the licence should then be sent to Cambridge Enterprise Ltd. Their address is:
- ONETEP Academic Licensing, Cambridge Enterprise Ltd, University of Cambridge, 3 Charles Babbage Road, Cambridge, CB3 0GT, UK
- A completed version of the licence will be returned to the user for their records. The ONETEP Developers’ Group will then provide the user with the latest stable distribution of ONETEP in an appropriate form.
For any questions about this procedure, please contact Cambridge Enterprise Ltd using the details quoted above.